valcom130

Saturday, February 2, 2008

What & Why Books


Title: Twilight
Author: Stephanie Meyer
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Parent Company: Time Warner
Brief Summary: Bella Swan moves to a small town called Forks, Washington, to be with her father. As she starts school, She meets a mysterious, handsome teen named Edward Cullen. Edward has a dark secret about how he lives his life. Bella becomes intrigued with mysterious Edward. Bella and Edward fall in love with each other. Though Edward tries not to get close to Bella, advises her it would put her in great danger, and tells her to get away from him, she neither listens to him, nor understands why he is saying that to her. Later on, Edward confesses his secret to her. Throughout the tale, Bella will have to deal with risk after risk upon knowing Edward’s secret.
Type of Book: The book is a trade book.
Type of Reader: The type of reader I am a Bibliophiles readers.

Q&A: I found the book through my friend Megan. This book impacted me because, for me, it was not a usual, normal book I would read. It is a fantasy book, and after I read it, I started to like it. After I finished the first two chapters of the book, it changed my opinion. The book also gave me a different way of looking upon things, especially about love. I would recommend this book because it is not a normal love story. I would also say it is not fully about romantic love, but also about family love, this author has put amazing work into this story. Her Twilight series is really great to read. I would recommend her because her style of writing is different from most authors. There is an underlying message in the book. The message is about love and doing whatever it takes for it, not only romantic love but also love for the family. Making sacrifices for a person one truly cares about is worth fighting for. Stephenie Meyer shows many examples throughout the book of the risks Bella takes for her family and for the love for Edward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home